|We are excited to announce that the Mapping division is now part of the Chief County Assessment Office!
Just some of the Mapping division's responsibilities include:
- Ensuring accurate, complete and timely entry of a significant portion of the county’s tax system.
- Subdividing and consolidating tax parcels pursuant to deeds, subdivision plats and other legal documents, and by request for tax assessment and billing purposes.
- Working with surveyors, lawyers and other document originators to correct errors in legal documents.
- Initial assignment of Permanent Index Numbers (PIN) to tax parcels.
- Assigning addresses in unincorporated Lake County and by those municipalities that request this service.
- Maintaining and publishing tax parcel maps and tax district maps.