Senior Homestead Exemption
Senior Homestead Exemption Application
- Have reached age 65 during the tax year.
- Own and live in the property as your principal residence.
- Apply for the exemption at the township assessor's office or the Chief County Assessment Office.
- You will need to bring a copy of the deed to the property and proof of age with you when you apply. If the property is held in trust, you will also need a copy of the trust agreement indicating the beneficiary.
- This exemption lowers the equalized assessed value of your property by $5,000. The exemption may be claimed in addition to the General Homestead Exemption.